Tuesday, January 1, 2019

One Word for 2019 -Application-

Day one
January 1, 2019

I’m going to start the year thinking on the One Word that came to me while praying, reading and meditating on the Word of God; that word for me this year of 2019 is “Application”
Application comes from the Latin word
applicare which means to ‘fold, fasten to,’
from
ad- ‘to’ + plicare ‘to fold.’
There are a variety of meanings one being in computers- a program or piece of software designed and written to fulfill a particular purpose of the user.
At first I thought that this was going to be a side note but it hit me- An application is to fulfill a purpose- isn’t that what I am doing with the One Word that will change your life book?
I mean think about it with me for a moment. I found this through an application YouVersion Bible which led me to finding the website thus buying the book on Kindle. Before I read the book I was searching for something in the Bible to help me change my life for the better so i can fulfill that which God has placed me here on Earth, kept me alive through several battles with my health both physically and mentally, and still here today the beginning of 2019.
I want to do that which GOD wants me to do, not me and my selfish plans and desires, and this Book is here in front of me, via Kindle Application to fulfill that purpose. So that definition fits here is a list of the other definitions of “Application” :
  • a formal request to an authority for something
  • the action of putting something into operation
  • practical use or relevance
  • the action of putting something on a surface
  • sustained effort; hard work
Each of these makes Application to the action of Doing work. In “One Word…” the authors warn that it won’t be easy and that we will have to work at sustaining a life that will keep our one word in our life for main focus.
I found my word by remembering conversation of the past by important people that God lead me to that changed my life for the better.
Steve Rhodes, the then pastor At First Baptist Church in Alliance, Ohio taught me the importance of fellowship weekly with other Fellow Christians and that we all have struggles and I am not alone in this walk of Faith with Christ and with His people. He told me once that I have knowledge of the bible scriptures but fail at applying them to me daily life. At first I was annoyed with him thinking that he was wrong at the claim, but I see now how God lead that proclamation was to me and about me.
Phil Ross, my current pastor at WellSpring Bible Church said the same thing about the knowledge of Scripture and that I need to apply it to my daily walk. Since he said this to me, i went into hibernation in a sort, looking at my life the things I need to change and delete from my life to make Application of scripture take place better and more accurately. Last week with the reading of this Book i feel God lead me to is that path.

My 2019 One Word Proclamation
I am focusing on the one word that I have been ignoring, Application. I am now ready to make my formal request to God and to Scripture, to put to action the operation of a practical and relevant study and lifestyle to show not only on the surface but to the very depth of my soul, a sustained work that will lead me to a GOD lead life not a Kevin lead life. To glorify God with every step I make toward the ultimate goal, to praise and glorify God in everything I do in Jesus Christ Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment