Wednesday, January 2, 2019

One Word Day Two

Day Two
January 2, 2019

Building upon "My 2019 One Word Proclamation" I want to focus on one part of it as we continue on this second day of the year. Let me repost it here:

My 2019 One Word Proclamation
I am focusing on the one word that I have been ignoring, Application. I am now ready to make my formal request to God and to Scripture, to put to action the operation of a practical and relevant study and lifestyle to show not only on the surface but to the very depth of my soul, a sustained work that will lead me to a GOD lead life not a Kevin lead life. To glorify God with every step I make toward the ultimate goal, to praise and glorify God in everything I do in Jesus Christ Name.


I want to focus on this part:
“I am ready to make my formal request” - This was based on one part of the definition that described application as, “a formal request to an authority for something”. In prayer we ask God for things that in all truth is selfish. We are selfish people, we really are and that stands in the way of many important goals that God has for us.

One of these is worship. When we focus our day, starting as early as opening of our eyes, on what we want and what we think we need to do today. It starts the day all wrong. We need to put a mindset in starting the day in worship. Simply by focusing on The One, Jesus Christ.

Jesus is our Savior, our King, our Strong Tower, our Shield and so much more. God has given us himself at salvation, The Helper, The Holy Spirit who Jesus said is The Helper or counselor. When we make it a goal for ourselves to start the day in Worship. The Holy Spirit will help us in this goal because it glorifies God when we say a quick morning praise, even if its "Thank You Lord".

It’s one of those things we have to set our minds to. When we don’t, a domino effect occurs. Think back on times when you woke up and dashed around the room getting ready for the day without one word to God. Those are the days we usually post negative comments about the day like, “wish this day was over” etc.

So making a formal request is saying to God daily that we want and need to be in Christ in our day and life is an important first step to changing our life from a self driven life into a God led life.

The second goal God has for us is Prayer. Saying a formal request is Applying scripture. This means we get the opportunity to read scripture daily, reading something that reaches into our soul and then in return praying this scripture back to God in prayer.

Worshiping God by praise and scripture is a great way to start the day. I know not everyone has a lot of time in the morning. That is why App’s like YouVersion and Bible gateway is great for the early morning drive to work. You can listen to the reader, reading the scripture and then pray while you drive, you don’t have to close your eyes to talk to God.

Praying scripture back to God is worship. It is also a way of saying, "I agree with this and this is my way of saying that this scripture is so important to my daily walk that I want to make this my Application to today, my formal request to You God to make this day yours to make my walk with you lead by You and not by me."

When you get this mindset daily to start your day in agreement that God is in control and not you, then the stresses of life that come, and they will come in streams, because the devil will test your relationship with Christ in regards to this formal request, You will find that it is easier to make this day count as one day for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment