Thursday, January 3, 2019

One Word Diary Day 3

Day Three
January 3, 2019

Today i am going to look at the next part of “My 2019 One Word Proclamation
I am focusing on the one word that I have been ignoring, Application. I am now ready to make my formal request to God and to Scripture, to put to action the operation of a practical and relevant study and lifestyle to show not only on the surface but to the very depth of my soul, a sustained work that will lead me to a GOD lead life not a Kevin lead life. To glorify God with every step I make toward the ultimate goal, to praise and glorify God in everything I do in Jesus Christ Name.

  • To put to action the operation of a practical and relevant study and lifestyle

To have a good study of the word of God is SO important to a daily walk in Christ Jesus who is the Word (John 1:1-3). I like to study the Old Testament along with the New so as to read the entirety of the Bible in a year.

But there must be more than just reading through the bible, there must be times during the day where you focus your bible study daily on what you are going through. If you are in anxiety you read Psalms so you can reminded that God is with you always along with Jesus Sermon on the Mount where Jesus goes into detail about worry and support of God to have all your needs met.(Matthew 6)

We need to make a certain effort to read scripture for our daily needs. How do we do that? Through the Holy Spirit. Remembering what I touched on yesterday of making a formal request which is a ‘application’ definition, tell God your situation, praise God for the answer ahead of time, showing trust and that you rely on God for deliverance or at least peace while going through this situation, and most of all reading of Scripture.

What I have been trying to do lately is reading an entire letter of the New Testament. Start with the smaller ones such as Jude, 1,2, or 3 John and etc. The answers are in The Holy Bible for everything.

Example. I thought the Bible wouldn’t have anything to say about mental illness except that of the father who brought his son to Jesus to be healed of a demon, or the demon possessed man with “Legion”. The latter one came to mind a lot while being diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder, but now I have found peace knowing that we can have the mind of Christ.(1 Corinthians 2). This along many other verses in scripture has helped me see that I can have mental or physical illnesses but it does not belittle my spirit. It proves that even though I am going through this situation, I am still able to teach others how to pray to GOD, praise God and read His word to get through trials, temptations and attacks of the evil one.

We are His children upon Salvation he will never let us go.(Romans 8)AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment