Sunday, December 30, 2018

One Word Diary Day Four

Day Four
December 30, 2018

“The goal of knowing Christ is to be like Him” My pastor said this today, i watched via video on Facebook since this morning I went to my brothers church. It hit me hard, it’s a truth I know but its seems that ever since reading the book, “One word that will change your life” and finding my One Word for 2019 I am seeing and comprehending the scriptures like new to me. He also said something that clicked my One Word and reason for choosing this program. My pastor Phil Ross said, “I’m going to finish 2019 more like Him (Christ) than when I start(2019).”

That is my goal for sure I haven’t said it but that is my deep, deep desire, to be so much like Him that if he calls me home or the rapture happens any moment that there won’t be a change. I will share the video by Wayne Watson song called, “One Day” that says the same thing.

I am so excited to be applying scripture daily. It already has helped me when temptation hit me this afternoon. It helped when tragedy happened today when we got word that my sons dog got hit by a car and was put down due to severe injuries. Normally this would cause great sadness that I would ruminate to the point of total shut down. But the peace of God that is on me now is helping me cope. Plus the temptation that occured today would be followed by a stream of other sin that would cause a switch in alters and i would be out of control of myself.

Just like God though, he gave me a way out of the temptation. I am glad that the bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”

God is so good to me, when I have been so bad or a follower. I am also glad that he chose the nail, the cross and the resurrection for a way of salvation for me and for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment