Friday, January 4, 2019

One Word Diary Day Four

Day Four
January 4.2019

My 2019 One Word Proclamation
I am focusing on the one word that I have been ignoring, Application. I am now ready to make my formal request to God and to Scripture, to put to action the operation of a practical and relevant study and lifestyle to show not only on the surface but to the very depth of my soul, a sustained work that will lead me to a GOD lead life not a Kevin lead life. To glorify God with every step I make toward the ultimate goal, to praise and glorify God in everything I do in Jesus Christ Name.

Let me first start today by saying that I praise God through whom all Blessings Flow. I love that song I learned this from First Baptist Alliance. We would sing it after offering. But there is so much more to that song than just Praising God for offering.

I want to make clear something that may ease some thoughts as to why i am explaining “My 2019 One Word Proclamation”. In NO WAY am I saying this is above God’s Word. This is not an end all phrase to sum up every thought I have. Nor am I saying that this is something that anyone else should look at as canon to the word of God. It is an example of what My heart is crying out to God. This proclamation comes from years of disobedience, years or disrespect to Him. It is a proclamation to the Trinity of God that I am serious in strengthening my relationship to Him and that I need Him every second of my life. If anything I am explaining this as much to myself more than to anyone reading.

Now…

To the next part
  • to show not only on the surface but to the very depth of my soul,
The fourth part of the definition of Application is- the action of putting something on a surface.

This is one that I wanted to make perfectly clear to myself that to putting something on the surface is to make CLEAR to God and to myself that everything I do is not for the glory of showing my piousness. NO it’s much much more deeper than that. I have gone through my life just going through the motions of being a Christian, I am done with that. I am done with the selfish desires, although they still live within my spirit, I am daily, no hourly putting to death the selfishness of my wants.

Moment by moment there seems to be a creeping up of such filthy lies the devil whispers to me that I just can no longer live in the battle putting Faith in Christ to the sidelines. When In all reality God is the General of the Battle and I am the newbie in the war, the new fighter in the battle that know nothing of what’s going on.

This phrase, “to show not only on the surface but to the very depth of my soul” is to show to myself that I am positive I cannot do this life without Him. Without the Holy Spirit’s guidance I have proven that I am messing up everything. This is a proclamation to myself that I need to take each thought captive (1 Corinthians 10:5). To make every decision based on what God wants not what I want, because what I want is selfish.

We, as followers of Christ, should live our life to the Glory of God. “16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:16-17; 23-24.

Everything we do we do in Christ name, sin is NOT in Christ name, that’s in our name and we are not our own, “19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

We are God’s ambassadors, “20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 corinthians 5:20-21

Everything we do or say, should be as if Christ Himself said it. That is why it is so crucial to take EVERY THOUGHT captive, ALL to the Glory of GOD.

We are not perfect, I know that’s what I am thinking and its not possible for me as a human being to do this all day everyday, we cannot be perfect, but Christ that is within us through The Holy Spirit, is and through HIM we are made perfect. "As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him." Psalm 18:30 That's why Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

By increasing scripture reading, Singing hymns and praise songs to Christ and fellowship with other Christians, that’s what Paul meant in Colossians 3 by, “admonishing one another in all wisdom,” We can make our daily walk in Christ more fruitful and most of all Glorified in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment